Museum Quality Art Restoration
Contemporary Works to Old Masters
Over the centuries, fine art has suffered more damage from poor conservation and stewardship than from wars, floods, and fire. To maintain the integrity and value of fine works of art, we provide museum quality restoration of paintings, sculpture, prints, and antique frames in any condition. Restoration services include:
- Cleaning to remove discolored varnish, stains, and surface dirt
- Re-lining to strengthen weak, torn, dented, flaking, or damaged canvas
- In-painting to match color and brush strokes of missing paint
- Repair holes, dents, and tears in canvas, paper, panel, board, and gilt frames
- Guilding of modern and antique period gilt or gold leaf frames
Sadly, many paintings are over-restored, dramatically reducing their historic and resale value. With over 40 years experience, we clean, varnish, in-paint, repair, restore and conserve paintings and period frames to professional standards. And we control the cleaning and restoration process to minimize alteration of the original work and enhance value.
If damage to a work of art involves an insurance claim or a legal dispute, we provide professional written Art Appraisals for valuation, authentication, and certification purposes. We also hold extensive courtroom experience in Expert Witness testimony on art related matters in state and federal courts.
If your art has suffered from damp or overly dry environments, smoke, damage, or natural aging. Call us at 706-485-4530 to discuss your restoration and other art needs. Or write us an
EMAIL with a description of the work. Attach a digital photo if you like. Include your contact information please.